Tuesday, May 8

A day in the life....

I always want to give my posts titles, but my template isn't set up for titles, so sometimes i just right them in anyway. Ariel and I had a lovely day today! Would you like to hear about it?

Well, we got up this morning to the beautiful sunshine, feeling rested and alive! We stopped by Grandma's house to give Grandpa some homemade cream of broccoli soup (yum!), and then we went to my cousin RaeAnn's house. Ariel had her first REAL playing outside experience (the kind where you play with dirt) while I tried to remind myself that this is what children do and will not lead to any terrible diseases. Ariel's second cousins, Stella (2 1/2 years) and Ivy (11 months?), were on their cutest behavior. Stella gave Ariel lots of hugs (whether she wanted them or not), and Ivy was all grins. She is just the happiest little soul! We hung out at her place for a bit, went to a way-cute second-hand shop (where I bought Ariel some sandals and a pool toy), and had lunch at a quaint, half-outdoor little mexican place before heading home. I swear, Portland is so cool if you experience it with someone who knows where to go.


Then we headed home, where Ariel decided not to take a nap. No nap all day. In fact, she just went down, at 6:45. Crazy girl. Dan and I watched a couple episodes of Colbert Report online. I went to the post office, where the usually gruff guy was nice! The only bad thing about today, really, was the part where I got our burritos all made for dinner and then realized we didn't have sour cream. That is not a bad day! I'll take it!

So how was your day?

Comments:
no nap?! ugh! you poor, poor woman. that's a sure fire way to make a day sour. it sounds like it was lovely though. we sure had a great time. the first thing she said when she woke up from her nap yesterday was, "gin-nee?" stella's been looking for "r-elle" since you left.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?