Wednesday, January 31

Hurray! It feel so good to finally have a prenatal appointment scheduled. I heard back from DHS today, and they approved me for insurance. Then I called my OB, and they told me that he no longer takes the Oregon Health Plan, but that they would pull my file and ask him if he wanted to make an exception. Well, about 45 minutes later, they called me back and scheduled my appointment! I'm so glad, because I really love my obstetrician - he's so kind, gentle, warm... he makes doctor's appointments feel like a nice occasion.


The little punkin' is as precious as ever. She'll probably take her first steps in the next couple weeks. She will be 1 on the 19th of February, which is crazy! I can't believe how fast she's grown! My cousin RaeAnn had a slide show up of her daughter's infant pictures, and it gave me the idea of showing Ariel all of HER newborn pictures as a slide show and telling her about what the new baby will be like. I have no idea if she understood me ("See, the baby will be sleeping a lot, just like you did! See, the baby will have blotchy red skin, just like you did!"), but she really enjoyed watching the pictures. So did I - it's amazing seeing how much she's changed! I look forward to having a precious, exhausted, scrawny little newborn again.


Of course, what I don't look forward to is all the lovely experiences that come with pregnancy. I'm already dealing with a LOT of fatigue (although very little nausea this time). With Ariel, I went through a few weeks of debilitating back pain. I couldn't be on my feet for more than an hour without limping. I hope I don't have to deal with that while carrying Ariel everywhere. We'll see... I'm really not one of those people that likes to be pregnant. That's something I really can't understand, but I'm glad that other people like it! Good for them! Here's a pic from when I was pregnant with Ariel -


That's it for now. Ariel's upset that I'm not letting her tear the newspapers. Gotta find something else for her to do.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?