Monday, October 2

They killed the Bunny Song!!!

Ok, I just have to take a moment to rant about how retarded this is! Last Thursday, I was babysitting at church, and the other childcare worker had brought a copy of Veggie Tales' Rack, Shack, and Benny (Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego). The Bunny Song came on, and I was singing along because the song is HILARIOUS! But, on two different occasions, my lyrics and the movie's lyrics didn't match; Veggie Tales had CHANGED the song and RE-RELEASED the movie! I'm offended!
Original Lyrics:

The bunny, the bunny, whoa, I love the bunny.
I don't love my mom or my dad, just the bunny.

Changed Lyrics:

The bunny, the bunny, whoa, I love the bunny.
I don't love my soup or my bread, just the bunny.

It loses something, no? And check this out:

Original Lyrics:
I won't go to church, and I won't go to school!
That stuff is for sissies, but bunnies are cool!

Changed Lyrics:
I won't eat no beans, and I won't eat tofu!
That stuff is for sissies, but bunnies are cool!

Again, RETARDED! Apparently some over-sensitive parents were afraid that their kids wouldn't figure out that Mr. Nezzer is the bad guy and that he says bad things. Never mind that he proceeds to dump the vegetables into a furnace and laugh a menacing laugh. It makes me sad that people are so dumb.

This is how you write "Rack, Shack, and Benny" in Chinese, apparently:


What do you think?

Comments:
I agree - it's political correctness gone overboard AGAIN.
 
yes so gay and retarded...<3
 
Oh, gosh, those silly movie people. Kids are smarter than they're given credit for...I totally agree that the song loses something, definately. Idolizing a bunny over food means nothing and risks nothing...
 
Hi! I'm a new dad, and I used to sing the original version of the song... but now I sing the new version because I don't want my daughter singing the original version :-)

See, it's not because we think the kids won't realize Nezzer is the bad guy, it's because they'll keep singing the song in all sorts of contexts and no dad or mom wants their kid singing "I don't love my mom or my dad"...

The "silly movie people" got lots of complaints :-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?