Monday, October 16

I know every parent thinks that their child is amazing, but mine really is. :-D

So, for the last week, Ariel has been pulling herself up onto her knees rather regularly. When we go in to get her up from her naps, she is often up on her knees clinging to the crib slats, and she'll occasionally pull herself up with objects around the house while she's playing.


Today, after our little borrowed baby came over, Ariel was trying to crawl into the baby's carseat (with her in it!) to get at the little pacifier. I pulled the baby out of the carseat and went in the other room to get a blanket to put under her in the swing (she had a blowout last week, and the blanket saved the day), and when I came back, Ariel was STANDING. I mean, she wasn't totally upright, because she was using the carseat to hold herself up, which wasn't very tall. But she was on her feet and her knees were locked and her legs were nearly straight, and then she was bent at the waist.


She's not as straight in these pictures as she was before, because she's trying to reach the carseat straps, but you get the idea...


Anyway, I'm so proud! I called my mom and said, "Guess what your granddaughter did!?!" and she said "Oh, no!" with one of those deep voices of doom. Ariel will be 8 months on Thursday, so, at this rate, she'll be walking before she's a year old. Of course, I had a manager once whose daughter was walking at 8 months, and I was secretly hoping that Ariel would just be that much of a prodigy, but 8 months is pretty early to be chasing them around, so I guess it's really a blessing that she hasn't been doing this sooner. I sure am a proud mommy, though! Now if we can just get her to start talking...

Comments:
stella walked at 10 months. i thought i was ready. most days, i just wish she'd go back to crawling. at least then i could keep up with her.
 
She is an amazing child - no doubt about it. I'm proud to be her grannynanny, but a little nervous for babysitting such a MOBILE child already!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?