Saturday, October 28

Guess who goes potty in her potty chair???


That's right! You have no idea how skeptical people are when I tell them that she's started using a potty chair at 8 months (or maybe you're one of them). I started putting Ariel on the potty chair randomly, just when I'd think of it, about once a day, last week. In the first 4 times that I put her on it, she peed 3 times, each within 30 seconds! I don't know how she knew, but she did! Since then, I've been putting her on 2 or 3 times a day, and she goes at least once. I cheer and she gets very excited. If she starts to fuss at all while she's on it, I take her off right away.

My mom was a little concerned at first, but, after seeing Ariel in action, she went from concern to astonishment. She is now quite the cheerleader for my little girl's potty efforts. She took the above picture after seeing the princess in action.

I don't know if starting her this early will make a big difference in when she finishes potty training, but it seems likely to me. If not, though, that's okay; it is still cool to try. Even if she doesn't actually train earlier, each time that I get her to go now is one more diaper saved, which is good both financially and environmentally. And she sure is proud of herself!

Comments:
That's my girl!
 
That is an adorable picture! She sure does look proud of herself! Natti is 24 months and is still "scared" of her potty. She only sits down for a second and then says, "no?" and gets off and won't sit back down. I continue to try but she's one who will not be coerced, I'm just going to have to wait until she's ready. She still lies when I know she's poo'd and I ask her if she did, "no!" Whatever Stinky.
 
okay, so you're kind of nuts for doing this. you do realize that, right? you're going to be potty training for FOREVER... well, at least a year and that can feel like forever when you're a SAHM.

so that's my first thought.

my second thought is that you're pretty smart. the idea that you're going to save tons of diapers and that ariel's already going to be familiar with the potty when she's officially ready to train will be a big perk.

i wish my urchin was so smart. however, i've come to terms with the fact that she's not ready and i'm not going to push for it. when she decides she's interested and ready to take the leap, we'll potty train in a day (says the ignorant mother who is sure she can do any maternal task much quicker than those who have gone before her).
 
I have a close friend who potty-trained her kids using the "one day naked" method when they were each about 3, and it worked perfectly for her! Hopefully it will work well for you, too, RaeAnn. If your new place has wood floors like your old place did, all the better!

As far as it feeling like forever, I'm only taking her to the potty 1-3 times a day and leaving her on it for a couple of minutes, so it's not like SERIOUS potty training. I don't think there's any point in taking her there every hour when it'll be months before she would be physically capable of taking herself. I'm NOT looking forward to being housebound when this gets more serious, though!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?