Friday, October 13


Apparently, I'm a flaming liberal.



I've always thought of myself as a staunch conservative, probably because I was raised as one. But I'm going through this Voter's Pamphlet (because I'm a good citizen), and I am really amazing myself. I'm discovering that I think social services are more important than cutting taxes, and I'm pretty sure that I'm risking being disowned for this.

I just think that these things are important. Healthcare, education, transportation services... they are what make our country a civil, pleasant place where people are safe and comfortable. I don't think that our taxes are unbearably high, and I think that right now, while our schools are struggling so much, is a dumb time to be trying to cut taxes. And fewer taxes aren't going to make politicians more responsible; the irresponsible politicians will still do dumb things, and there will be less left over with which to do good.

That's what I think. But if you don't agree with me, that's ok. If you think I will burn in hell for thinking this, though, that's not ok.

If you're thinking, "Jenni sounds like a smart, responsible citizen, and I want to follow in her carefully thought-out footsteps," look no further!

Ballot Answer Key:

39. Yes
40. Yes
41. No
42. No
43. Yes
44. Yes
45. No
46. No
47. No
48. No

If you've already filled out your ballot by the time you read this, you can use this handy key to check your score. Simply deduct 10% for each answer you get wrong, for all you non-math types. If you get them all right, give yourself a sticker! If you think you have a good reason to vote differently, feel free to post it below, as I would be interested in your point of view. I may still have to mark you down, though...

Comments:
you suck jenn. edukacion iz 4 loozerz
 
okay, i'm lame. i totally read your blog (i check at least once a day... i know, i'm a geek), but i have yet to go over my pamphlet. politics make me shudder.
 
I haven't read the dumb thing yet, so I'll let you know later if I am disowning you. XOXO
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?