Thursday, September 28

Well, today has been eventful! Well, you know, eventful to me... which isn't saying much.

I went back to "work" today, which is watching toddlers once a week at church for the Women's Bible Study. With how funky my voice still is and the way I keep coughing, I probably scared some of the moms! It went pretty well, though.

My big screw-up in the morning related to a sheer purple ribbon. Gracie (4 years old) and Ellie (5 years old) were playing under a table, and I was playing with Ariel. Ariel had a stuffed bunny with a ribbon around it's neck, and I thought, "I don't want this ribbon to be something Ariel can choke on; maybe one of the girls would like to have it!??"

So I went over to the table, held the ribbon under it, and said "Would one of you girls like this ribbon?" I heard "Yeah!" and a little hand grabbed it, and I walked away.

Well, a few minutes later Gracie ran toward me frantically with Ellie on her heels. Ellie was yelling "That's MY ribbon! She took MY ribbon!" and Gracie looked noticibly upset.
"Great," I thought, "I should have cut the ribbon in half or something." So I took the ribbon and said, "Ok, girls, we can either cut the ribbon in half, or you can have a race to see who gets it. What do you want to do?"

"Race! Race!" they said. So they lined up and ran across the gym floor. Ellie won, and as I handed her the ribbon, Gracie looked up at me and said, "I want to cut it in half." Nice try, sweetie! I told her I would bring her a ribbon next week, and she special-ordered a pink one. When Ellie decided she didn't want her ribbon, I offered it to Gracie, but she's holding out for her pink one.

Next stop was mom's house, which was relaxing but not newsworthy (although she was watching a fascinating talkshow on polygamy!), and then WIC. I had to go farther away to a different WIC clinic because the one nearby was all booked up, but THIS clinic had friendly people and crumb-free floors, so I'm gonna keep going there.

Then, when I came home, there was a message on the answering machine from a lady with a trippy first name. She wants me to watch her 5-week-old daughter for two weeks (3 days a week, 3 hours a day) while she goes to a job training class (the kind that you have to go to BEFORE they decide to hire you). I'm going to meet her and her baby on Saturday. I think it could be cool - a challenge, but also an interesting experience and some extra cash. I haven't told Dan about it yet (he's still in class), but I can't imagine he'll object, especially since he won't be home during the hours that the baby would be here, anyway.

So pink ribbon, clean clinic, tiny baby. That's a lot for one day! I'm kinda tuckered out. I think I'm gonna play some more Freecell....

Comments:
^^^ what he said!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?